Friday, 7 January 2011

Rabbit skull (day 7)



Make something using a stencil [something used to make identical shapes]

I've decided to make a quilt block for Noah's charity quilt http://skulladay.blogspot.com/2011/01/dia-de-la-abby-32-quilt-block.html so used the repeating rabbits from yesterdays apple as inspiration.



I cut a plastic rabbit stencil (which is so cute I might use it for other things), then used this to cut loads of little rabbit shapes from (bondaweb-backed) fabric. I then appliqued them onto a some Alexander Henry fabric (I hope this wasn't a too obvious fabric choice?) into a skull shape.

It's now in the post off to America ... and I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

5 comments:

  1. I love it! The overlapping bunnies are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're square arrived safely! It's even cuter in person! Thanks for helping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At last :-) glad it arrived safe. Can't wait to see the finished thing.

    Thanks, Sarah

    ReplyDelete